I am a huge fan of Pinterest and I tend to search random things on it when I’m bored or feeling funky. Usually I end up scrolling and saving a bunch of DIY ideas that I think are super cool, but I know for a fact I will NEVER do.
Or maybe that will be a goal?! Something to look forward to?! Actually do one of those DO it YOURSELF things…? That’d be cool.
So… anyways… I was on Pinterest earlier and I was searching “blog ideas” and one of them was to write about your 10 favorite foods.
WELL… this is a blog about seeking happiness and food does WONDERS for the happies inside (at least for me, anyway), so I guess I could do that!
Seriously, though, I love food so this will be fun. Not to mention I also have a board on Pinterest of about 200 recipes that I definitely will try one day when I have my own place (goal!).
Ten foods… hmm… is “foods” in reference to meals? or individual food items? Let’s go with individual.
- 10. Cereal – call me crazy, but hands down, cereal is a GREAT go-to for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. There are bazillions of cereals out there (some diabetic shock-inducing, some really great for ya, and some inbetweeners). There is ALWAYS a different option to choose from.
- 9. Burgers – now… some may say, ‘how is that only #9?!’ … two reasons. First, while I love a good burger, I have a GI condition that restricts me from red meat consumption, so I’ve decided to try and dislike burgers (tried…) and secondly, ever since I was VERY young, I’ve always hated when my food falls apart or makes me messy. I used to cry when my PB&J would leak from the bottom or a wrap didn’t stay together… burgers can be greasy and sometimes can fall apart, so call me weird, but that is definitely a reason I leave it at #9.
- 8. Pizza – I’m Italian. It’s a staple. No matter where on the list, it’s a favorite.
- 7. Smoothies – does this qualify as food? Well… sure! To me they do. I love anything frozen, but especially smoothies because they are fruity and made with yogurt. I like my milkshake here and there, but I’d rather a smoothie (plus, you can add whey protein and make it a meal if you’re on the go!).
- 6. Veggies – any veggie. Most veggies can be eaten raw or cooked and they can be cooked in so many different ways! They make a great snack, side dish, or main course. Versatile and full of color!
**I’m sure my first 3 food choices make me look like a seriously unhealthy eater, but I do care about what I put in my body! Everyone should.**
- 5. Yogurt – Full of probiotics, calcium, vitamins, and protein! Great source of the nutrients we need and also beneficial for the digestive tract (especially for people like me with GI issues). It can be eaten alone, but also used for dressings, dips, smoothies, and more.
- 4. Fruit – I like all fruit and am blessed to not have any allergies. I love being to explore the different types of fruits out there. If I had to pick favorite fruits out of the hundreds, I’d say apples, oranges, bananas, and berries.
- 3. Cheese – that is all.
- 2. Coffee – not a food, but a BIG part of my daily intake 🙂
- 1. PASTA – again, that is all.
Well! It’s been fun! Hopefully someday when I accomplish one of those DIY’s or recipes I can share with you, but until then, I’ll keep living vicariously through Pinterest. Hope you enjoyed my food splurge. I’m hungry 😉